Sunday, November 4, 2012

Inspired by the season

This might have already been completely obvious, but fall is my absolute favorite season. That's why when Anna suggested another mini-shoot session of our outfits we wore to church today I was anything but opposed. I'm going to preface this shoot with 3 easy tips for fall fashion.

Tip #1: Don't be afraid to mix neutrals. Black, brown, grey, navy blue... mixing them together isn't a crime if you do it in the right way.
Tip #2: On warmer days, be bold and wear your knee high boots with a dress or skirt even if you aren't wearing tights. Better yet, add some knee high socks for an added layering detail.
Tip #3: When your outfit is more plain or neutral, add a unique accessory for a special touch.

I'll show you how I incorporated all of these fall fashion rules below.

Denim shirt: Old Navy
Dress: H&M
Socks: Target
Boots: Target
Earrings: Homemade

Incorporating tip #2: I added these cream socks under my boots for a little
 bit of warmth and to tie the whole outfit together.





Incorporating tip #3: I added these lace earrings I made from a pinterest how-to you can
find here. Since my dress was a little more plain I thought this addition would be nice
especially to match the cream socks.


Incorporating rule #1: even though the bow on my dress was black, I knew pairing it with brown boots and cream socks wouldn't be too much even though sometimes black and brown don't mix well.




I also got to photograph Anna Sabatini's fashionable church ensemble!



I love the way she paired the black jacket with the black boots, it makes her look totally BA. I also really like the gold belt, which pops against the darker details of the rest of the outfit. I don't want to spoil all of the good shots from her shoot, however, so instead just hop on over to her blog by clicking here to see the rest of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment