Thursday, December 6, 2012

Design within Journalism

I know I have been blogging almost every day this week, but so many projects have been coming to a close that I'm excited about finally sharing with you. This one, for example, I have been working on for weeks and am so excited to finally turn it in today. For my Journalism 300 class (Visual Communications) we were asked to design a poster for an office called "IOA" The Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access. A representative from the office came into our class to explain what they were looking for for the poster and about their office. Basically we were told to make a 11" x 17" poster for the student body of KU just telling students about the office because it's very unknown right now. They don't have a logo or a tagged saying, so we were given free reign in that aspect. Basically the office is for students or faculty who feel they are being discriminated against or harassed and they can come to this office for a confidential investigation.

Here is my final poster:


People from the IOA are coming to our class today to see all of the poster and then are going to choose a winner (probably not in class, but sometime soon) to give either a gift card to the bookstore or KU basketball tickets to. So I'm really hoping they like my design!

Musical Musings:
If you haven't already gotten into the Christmas spirit you really should by listening to She & Him's "A Very She & Him Christmas" album on Spotify. I've been listening to it all week while working on my lamp project and they do a fun mix of their own stuff along with typical Christmas songs. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment