Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's All About the Process

Light is a key part of this project and process, so when photographing some of my initial paper objects I wanted light to be a big part of it. Luckily there are big windows in Chi Omega that let in an ample amount of natural light. I wanted to share some of the photos I have been taking in process of this project.



Above are some of the examples of the initial experimentation with paper models. For class we had to make at least 25 and pictured are some of my more successful attempts.

Seeing how these models reflected with light is a key part of this project.


The next step was making larger models out of the more successful paper manipulation techniques. I really liked how on my first large model the different layers played with the light to create different shades within the lamp. I also noticed this when testing the model with the light bulb, which will be seen later.
I am now in the tedious process of constructing my final light. Right now I am working with bristol board and working out the kinks that proved true in my last bristol board model. Depending on how this next one goes, will be if I have to make one two or three more. So the cutting, gluing, and designing will continue.
Of course the break ahead has caused my brain to wander and dream of traveling and when scrolling through Pinterest I found this quote that I absolutely love:

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." St. Augustine

Happy wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment