Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday.

I can't believe I'm already done with my first project this semester, time is flying by. While I'm complete with the final photo collage & process notebook, first I want to take this post to show you more of the along the way process of creating the final collage.

I decided to use my "busy college student" as my idea for the final photo collage. After two more rough draft collages from my previous post, I then took more photos and did some more idea hunting to make it even better.
I started out by just laying out the pictures section by section. I printed them 4x6" matte finish at Walmart and the back is a foam core board mounted it on. To start, I just placed them on the board.



After laying out all of the pictures how I liked them, I then used clear scotch tape on the top to hold them in place for class the next day. This was not how I would mount them for my final, but it would do for now.

A little editing and rearranging went into the collage the next day during studio.

There are some slight differences from when I had it collaged the night before such as the table and Sarah's arms which some were moved to accent the table.
Double sided sticky tape was used to mount the photos.
I used my x-acto knife to trim around the edges.
And there it is! The final collage.

I'm also really excited about my process notebook so I'll share that in a later post. A big thanks to Sarah Morris for modeling for this project. She was so chill about it and always was ready to model for me whenever I needed her! I am really happy with how this project turned out.


And finally, a quote for inspiration.
"That's what great artists do. That's what great people do. They ask it. They say it. They express it. They out in words what so many others are thinking and feeling and wondering. They affirm that you aren't the only one having this experience." [Rob Bell]

No comments:

Post a Comment